How can anybody argue with the fact that food and festivity go hand in hand? Every celebration needs a large platter of wholesome food. With all the festivals coming around the corner, wouldn’t you want to surprise your family and friends with a festive meal? Although you want to give them a grand treat, you do not wish to spend the entire day slogging in the kitchen. Preparing the same old chicken or turkey on every occasion can get a little boring for you and your guests. Asian crockpot meatballs are the perfect solution to your problem. If you have been hunting for a recipe that does not need too much effort, and tastes delicious, then Asian crockpot meatballs are the best appetizer.
Cuisine Of Asia – Delicious Meatballs
You may be familiar with the everyday meatballs that you serve with Italian food, such as spaghetti. You may also know that meatballs are a part of the main course meal. However, very few people understand that meatballs are not the discovery of America or Italy. Some believe that either Persians or Roman colonists settled in Asia had invented the first meatballs. The people of Asia relish meatballs as a part of appetizer instead of the main course meal. Furthermore, preparing them in a crockpot gives you the juiciest and the tenderest meatballs that will leave you asking for more. A crockpot is an appliance that cooks food with moist heat so that it is cooked evenly.
Things You Need To Prepare The Asian Crockpot Meatballs
Before you start to cook, you must ensure that you have all the equipment and ingredients for making the Asian crockpot meatballs.
- Utensils – You need certain appliances, which are essential for preparing this type of dumplings. The list includes –
- Meatball mold
- Meat grinder
- Small bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Ingredients – You cannot make juicy meatballs if you do not have the essential components. The list includes –
- 2.2 lbs of grounded pork meat
- ¾ cup of hoisin sauce (staple Asian cuisine)
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- Two minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
- One tablespoon sriracha (or any hot sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1/3 raspberry jam with preserves
- Chopped chives and sesame seeds
How To Prepare The Crockpot Meatballs
- Take a small bowl and whisk hoisin sauce, raspberry jam, rice wine vinegar, garlic cloves, ginger, pepper flakes with a whisker. Make a perfect paste.
- Blend the grounded pork meat well in the meat grinder. Give them a beautiful round shape with the help of a meatball mold.
- Drain the sauce mixture over the meatballs using a wooden spoon. Make sure that the meatballs are generously coated with the sauce. Toss the meatballs for even blend.
- Place them in a preheated crockpot at 200o. Allow it to cook slowly on a low heat for two hours.
- Once you see that they have turned dark golden, your meatballs are ready for garnish. Garnish with chopped chives and sesame seeds. Pierce a fancy toothpick in the center of every meatball, so they are easy to hold and eat.
- Present your Asian Crocktop Meatballs in the most authentic Asian style.