You have to make the pork carnitas slowly to add spices and citrus to it. Then You have to cook the pork until the shoulder becomes succulent and tender. You can serve this fantastic dish along with Mexican Rice and Grilled Corn. You can also add Guacamole with the meal, and it will be the perfect family lunch. If you are planning to make comfort food, then you cannot find anything better than this carnitas recipe. When you try this is amazing pork carnitas for the first time, it will be something that will blow your taste buds, and you want it more & more.
How To Make Pork Carnitas?
Pork carnitas is also known as Mexican pulled pork, which means little meat, but in reality, you will not find anything little in this fantastic dish. Carnitas meat was the best when you made them from pork shoulder roast. It is sturdy and flavourful then cooks it on low heat on the slow cooker. After you cook it for several hours, the fat from the meat gets dissolved. It has to be shredded and then put it in the boiler.
Ingredients Require Gor Pork Carnitas
If you want to make Pork Carnitas, then you need to get all the components necessary for the dish. Here are some of the items that you need to gather for making this fantastic dish.
- 3-4 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- One tablespoon chili powder
- One teaspoon cumin
- One teaspoon oregano
- Two large navel oranges
- One lime
- One bay leaf
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- One large onion quartered, or two small
- Three cloves garlic
Instructions To Follow For Carnitas
To learn the Carnitas Recipe, here are some of the steps that you need to follow for making pork carnitas.
1. First, you have to cut the pork into large chunks of meats and then season it with pepper and salt. After that, you have to heat it in a large pan with olive oil and cook them until they are brown.
2. Now you have to use a vegetable peeler and get about three strips off the lime and four to five pieces off the oranges and then get their juices.
3. After that, you can place the pork, sauces, and spices in the cookers along with the onion and chicken broth.
4. You have to cook it for 8 hours on low so that the pork can become tender.
5. Pull the pork in large chunks and put it on a pan, now you can use the juice on the top to stir it properly.
6. Now you have to pour liquids from the cooker over the pork by using a spoon
7. You can now serve the pork carnitas with tortillas along with your favorite toppings.
After the slow cooking, you can crisp the pork in the olive oil in a hot pan. You can also use the air fryer for the dish where you can use it on high temperature for 4-6 minutes, which will give it a crisp taste. This way, you can enjoy the perfect pork carnitas and enjoy a great family lunch.