Meat Recipes To Get Your Appetite Going
Are you fond of meat? Do you need to eat meat every day either in lunch or dinner or in both? Well, then you can try this recipe of lamb chops in your home. When you are in search of unique meat recipes, you can opt for it and make your dinner memorable.
The juicy lamb chops with a punch of flavors and different condiments like a spicy dipping sauce, cucumber and tomatoes will give you a wholesome platter. If you marinate the lamb chops in advance and keep it in the refrigerator, you can prepare it just within 20 minutes.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Marinating time – 3 hours
- Lamb chops – 4, 8 ounces each
- Lemongrass – 3 stalks
- Garlic – ½ tsp, chopped
- Red chili pepper – 1, chopped
- fish sauce – 3 tbsp
- Canola oil – 1 tbsp
- Thai bird’s eye chili pepper – 1, chopped
- Black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Palm sugar – 3 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Fresh lime juice – 2 tbsp
- White wine vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cloves – 2 cloves, minced
- Cucumber – ½, diced
- Tomato – 1, diced
- Cilantro – handful, chopped
Marinating The Lamb Chops
- Peel the lemongrass stalks to take the soft inner parts and chop them finely. Add them in a bowl. Add the palm sugar, dark soy sauce, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, fish sauce, lemon juice, and chopped red chili pepper in the bowl and mix well.
- Put the lamb chops into this bowl and coat each chop very well with the marinade. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep t aside for around 3 hours. You can keep the marinated lamb chops for a whole day if you want.
Preparing The Dipping sauce
Put a pot on the medium flame and add water to it. Tip the brown sugar along with leftover garlic and let it boil on medium flame till all the sugar melts. When done, take off the heat and add the lime juice as well as the Thai chili pepper. Mix them well and keep it aside. You can prepare the dipping sauce and keep it in an airtight bowl for around 4 weeks.
Cooking The Lamb Chops
- When you will decide to cook, take the marinated chops out of the fridge half an hour before that.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and add the canola oil. As the oil becomes hot, add the lamb chops and fry both sides of each chop till they become golden.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Insert the skillet along with the lamb chops into the oven and let it bake for around 10 minutes.
- When the chops are cooked to perfection, take the skillet out. Put them on a serving plate. Place the diced cucumbers, chopped cilantro, and diced tomatoes in separate bowls beside the lamb chops. In another bowl, tip the dipping sauce and put it on the plate.
So, your family-style platter of lamb chops is ready along with its accompaniments in the form of cucumber, tomatoes, cilantro and dipping sauce.