Indian Masala Kheema (Dry Spicy Minced Meat)
Indian Masala Kheema recipe is one of the easiest Indian recipes to make. It is pretty much foolproof. Also, you can create this meat dish in as minimal as thirty-five minutes, and its simple enough that several folks say its reliable. You’ll be able to use any minced or ground meat you favor, like chicken, lamb, pork, goat meat. This formula goes well with alternative foods. Thus if you’re serving a spread of dishes, it’ll combine well with most of them.
Indian Masala Kheema Recipe
This recipe can use any meat- lamb, beef, chicken, goat. However, it is mostly made with lamb mince. The main ingredients are all fundamental, like onion, garlic, tomato, and lamb. The only real Indian element is garam masala. You can switch up the recipes each time to create a differently flavored dish every time. This dish can accompany chapatis (Indian flatbread), parathas (Indian pan-fried flatbread), or plain boiled rice (Basmati). It can also be a main course, whether dinner or lunch.
- Vegetable, Sunflower or Canola Cooking Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Finely chopped medium-sized Onions – 2
- Finely chopped medium-sized Tomatoes – 2
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp.
- Coriander – 2 tbsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp.
- Garam Masala – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Ground beef/lamb – 1 pound
- Lime Juice – ½ lemon
- Freshly chopped cilantro (garnish)
- Use a wok or a deep cooking pan for this recipe. Heat the oil in the pan
- After adding the cumin seeds first, fry it for about a minute
- Add chopped onions, fry them for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden brown
- Add garlic paste followed by ginger paste and cook for 1 minute
- Finally, add all the rest- the coriander, cumin, salt, and Garam Masala and sauté it. After a while, the masala will separate from the oil, when cooked well.
- Now, add the meat and brown it, stirring often. Make sure not to burn the meat, cook it well for 5 to 7 minutes
- Mix in the tomatoes and cook until they become soft
- Turn the heat off and add the lime juice. Mix it well and get it off the heat
- Add chopped cilantro to garnish and serve hot
This recipe is great for lunch or dinner. It is easy and fuss-free. It is the perfect one-pot recipe to make on a weeknight. Also, if you have some left from your dinner, you can use them as sandwich fillings or even flatbread fillings.
If you want it to be healthier, add a few green peas. Also, ad two potatoes diced and cut into cubes. That can become a well-rounded meal with these additions. Also, add a liquid element with some daal or lentils. Do not be deceived by the ‘Masala’ in the name, which stands for spicy. However, it is not a very spicy dish, and the only hot element in it is the Garam Masala. You can adjust the heat spiciness of the recipe as per your taste.