Goat meat is a delight for meat lovers. It is trendy across Asia, Latin America, and Africa. You can prepare it in various ways as per your cuisine preference. The tenderness and taste depend upon the quality of mutton and the way you cooked it. It tastes the best when cooked in a slow process on a low to medium flame. It will remain tender when cooked on low heat.
Today I will share the recipe of a delicious preparation called Rezala. It is originally a North Indian recipe, but it has conquered the heart of the entire Indians.
Goat Meat (Mutton) Rezala Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
List Of Ingredients:
- Mutton – 500g
- Plain yogurt 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cardamoms (Both green and black)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil
- Dry Chilly (Red)
- Green Chilly
- Milk (optional)
- Saffron (optional)
- Take the clean mutton pieces in a bowl. Add yogurt, onion paste, cashew paste, 6-7 crushed green and black cardamoms, salt and sugar as per your taste. Mix all the ingredients well. Marinate it for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Note: Crush and paste the elements separately.
- In a non-stick pan, pour half cup vegetable oil or ghee. After the oil gets heated, take only the mutton pieces from the marinated mixture and fry it for 15 minutes.
- Put 7-8 whole red chilies. Stir a little. Then add the remaining mixture of the marination to the mutton and bring it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the full content of the pan into a pressure cooker, add little water. Close the lid tightly and wait up to 6 whistles to blow. This will make the meat softer. Then cook it for another 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so that it does not stick at the bottom of the cooker. You can add as much water as much gravy you want. And the gravy tastes awesome.
- In a small cup soak 4-5 strands of saffron in milk.
- Mix it well and pour it to the cooker. (Though it is optional, it enhances the taste)
- Add a little cream. Slit a few green chilies and add to the mutton. Boil it on a high flame for nearly 5 minutes.
- Put off the flame and give some standing time.
- Finally, serve it hot with chapatti or paratha. You can also use it as a side dish with biriyani or pulao.
- Surprise your near and dear ones with this delicious preparation.
Other Popular Dishes Of Goat Meat
It can be cooked in different ways. Some of the famous preparations are mutton biriyani, mutton kasha, mutton curry. Mutton roll, mutton chops are some of the mouth-watering street foods popular in Indian cuisine.
The cut and portion of goat meat vary with the preparation. If you love to cook, a little innovation will bring out some more delicacies from you. So, do not delay. Bring the meat from the market and surprise everyone with this aromatic and luscious dish.