On a holiday what can be more exciting than cheesy baked turkey meatballs in marinara sauce? This is one of the most authentic and flavorful Italian dishes that are irresistible. Elders, as well as children, love this dish. Moreover, it is quite easy to prepare it at home for a Sunday lunch or dinner. It depends on the person making this mouthwatering dish when he or she wants to enjoy it. The moist meatballs with marinara sauce and lots of cheese is something that helps you to stop those hunger cravings.
More About Cheesy Baked Turkey Meatballs
Turkey meat dries very quickly; therefore, one needs to pour ample amounts of tomato sauce in it. The marina is a tomato sauce that has fresh herbs and spices like ginger and garlic that adds up to the flavor of the balls. This also helps to keep the balls moist and tender from deep within. However, the main ingredient that steals everyone’s heart is the cheese. Therefore, in this dish, the dripping cheese from the meatballs is just irresistible. One can serve this dish with spaghetti, pasta, and noodles of any kind.
30 Minute Quick Recipe: Cheesy Baked Turkey In Marinara Sauce
The best aspect of this dish is that it hardly takes any time for preparation.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- One egg
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ¼ sp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 1tsp of salt
- And freshly crushed black pepper
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
Method Of Preparation
- In a glass bowl, add ground turkey, egg, onion and garlic powder, red chili flakes, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and the Parmesan cheese.
- The egg will help to bind the turkey balls.
- Cheese thereby adds to the flavor of the meatballs and is the backbone of the dish. Mix everything well and 2-inch meatballs.
- Do not over mix the ingredients. This will make the balls hard. As the turkey dries quickly, therefore, over mixing will spoil the moisture of the balls.
- Almost 12 balls can be prepared with one pound of turkey meat.
- Now set these balls in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will help to firm up the balls so that when one fries the balls, it becomes nice and crispy.
Frying And Simmering Process
- One large frying pan
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- One jar of marinara sauce
- 1 cup cheese (any)
Method Of Preparation
- After 20 minutes, the balls will become firm and will be perfect for frying. Therefore, in a large pan, add some olive oil to stir fry the balls. Fry till the balls turn golden brown from all the sides. Flip the meatballs very carefully so that it does not get mashed.
- Now after frying the meatballs, pour a jar of marinara sauce and till 25 minutes let the balls stay in the bubbling tomato sauce. Switch off the flame.
- Transfer the mixture into another bowl, garnish the balls with 1 cup of cheese and fresh parsley.
- Preheat the oven at 450-degree centigrade and bake the dish until the cheese melts perfectly. Gobble it as soon as the meal is ready with pasta or spaghetti as you like it.